Fall 2016 Internship Opportunity – Development and Events
Only Make Believe is a non-profit organization that creates and performs interactive theatre for children in hospitals and care facilities in New York and Washington D.C. We are dedicated to the principle that freeing a child’s imagination is a valuable part of the healing process.
Only Make Believe seeks a highly organized and hardworking Development & Events Intern to work with the Corporate Relations and Events Director and Executive Director. This internship will offer invaluable hands-on experience, which includes, but is not limited to, assisting with OMB’s annual gala (November 14; “Make Believe on Broadway”), young professional events, social media marketing, and the end-of-year giving campaign. The ideal candidate has an impeccable attention to detail, an impressive ability to multitask, and the ability to work effectively in high pressure situations. Ideal candidate must be able to work collaboratively and independently on projects and see projects through to completion. The fall 2016 internship lasts from October to December (dates and schedule flexible), 20 hours per week. A $200 stipend plus college credit is offered.
• Provide support leading up to and during special events, including helping with event set-up, check-in, and break down
• Send thank you letters to donors and event attendees
• Help maintain development department administrative systems, including database and electronic and hard files
• Assist with obtaining, managing, and acknowledging gala sponsors, gala attendees, end-of-year donors, and attendees of Young Professional Events
• Creating content for social media posts
• Collaborating with all staff to create and coordinate OMB’s end-of-year appeal
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be able to receive college credit for the internship
• Independent, hardworking, organized, and diligent
• Strong writing and communication skills
• Strong office and administrative skills; computer experience including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience with special events or fundraising a plus
• Available some nights and weekends for special events
• An interest in theatre, youth and/or healthcare
Please email a cover letter and resume with two references (PDF or Word Doc) to Jaime Quiles: email@example.com by September 28, 2016. In person interviews will be scheduled for the week of October 2-6, 2016.